Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lion of the Week: DJ Green Lantern!


Name: Dj Green Lantern

Hustle: Dj/Producer

City: NYC(via Rochester)

1. When I was a kid I daydreamed about.... Being a drummer

2. As an adult I daydream about... Vacations that never happen

3. In my group of friends I'm the one who...
Overanalyzes everything

4. When I was growing up I was told that I couldn't________ but did it anyway.
Make it out of Rochester

5. How did you break into your industry?
Met opportunity with creativity and was prepared to perform

6. Favorite part of what you do? Not having to wake up at a certain time to go to a job..I take that for granted mostly but that's really what it is

7. Least favorite part of what you do?

Dealing with people who don't love the music ,just the money..send them to Iraq now please

8. Who do you admire in your field?

Funkmaster Flex for longevity and enterprising hustle.. Jay-z for loving his craft(rapping) waaay after he needed to business wise...
Nas for never giving in to the pressure of big business over artistry...Kanye for taking incredibly huge risks with his career and not caring what people think AT ALL..

9. My top five favorite artists/producers are.... Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Dre, Premo

10. Moment when your hustle paid off was/will be when...When I can stop traveling so much and still be able to support a family and lifestyle...(new goal)

11. My family is proud of me because...I travel the world like my Dad always wanted me to but couldn't see me do before he passed

12. One thing no one knows about me is.... Memphis Bleek taught me how to use Protools...in 2006...waaay after I should have known how to use it..lol

13. Shameless plug (what do you want the world to know):

Look out for Future Green, Ent...I'm bringing some quality exciting music that I think you'll like..

Check out more from Green Lantern here: Click here for more on Green Lantern

No comments: