Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rye Rye at Cinespace in LA Last night






So last night I went and checked out Rye Rye (out of Baltimore), M.I.A.'s first artist on her label N.E.E.T. at Cinespace and it felt like a bunch of hipsters (sorry, I know I can't stand that word either, but basically white kids with headbands and plaid shirts..feel free to suggest a better word) and some preppy white kids found themselves at a Harlem block party...and were lovin it. I like the record Tick Tock feat MIA probably the most, but the records that she was discovered off of are straight RAW B-More records...for the kids and the clubs...and this crowd was eating up. I think some folks discovered that they actually had some rhythm last night. Hmm, it will be interesting to see where this round the way girl from BMore ends up with the MIA cosign. She'll probably see places in the world that Young B and Teyana won't ever see. See MIA talking about her new protege below.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa she looked crazy.