Thursday, June 26, 2008

Last night...R&B Live (in LA)


Marsha (Floetry)

Keisha Cole..a little of Mario in the corner

Anthony Hamilton and wife

Aaron Hall (Guy)...and yes he sang "Let's Chill" AND "I miss you!!!!

Again, sorry for the blurry images..the camera pics are coming, I promise!!!
****************************************************************************

Last night I hit up R&B live. It started off hectic...I was supposedly going to be "taken care of" at the door, but instead I ended up in the midst of the madness outside...which put a major damper on my mood. The girl at the door that I was told would "look out" was doing nothing of the kind. My frustration turned into attitude. My girl Meleni (one of my road dogs) told me I was doing it all wrong and that my attitude was not going to get us past that rope. I guess she was right...I told her she could officially give me "DOOR" training...because I have no "door" skills! I personally hate "doors" and most people at them. I like to go places knowing that I'm on some list and someone will be on the look out. If not I'm GOOD on that! But last night my "look out" people BROKE OUT!! Finally someone we knew who came down to get Polow da Don and his crew in, pulled us in as well...whew! Way toooo much work! But once I arrived I walked into what was about to be a a great time and an unexpected lineup of great performances. Anthony Hamilton was on the bill, but if you can SANG and you're in that room, you're also going to be on THAT stage. Last week the headliner was Sean Garrett, but after him, impromptu performances took place by Jamie Foxx, Avant and Tank and some younger LA up and coming guys. Avant and Tank may not be on 106 and Park or on the charts at this moment...but those dudes can saaaang! Last night the IMPROMPTU performances that took place (ready for this) were by Aaron Hall singing classic Guy records (!), Marsha from Floetry (her voice is like an instrument..incredible), Joe, Keisha Cole and Mario (they sang back and forth to eachother..like ...AND WHAT...!!!). What's cool about this event is that the sound is great (they have a live band), the venue is sexy and intimate and there are fans in the room who just want to hear good music. It's not strictly an "industry crowd" which tends to not show any sign of enjoyment when watching a performance. This room just wants to hear good singers and hear timeless music. So yeah guys...ya girl had a blast. I guess all of that energy at the door was worth it...hmmm..I guess! A LOT of folks were in the room last night...Polow da Don, Jazze Pha, Kenny Burns, Slam, Big Jon and more...that I can't remember off hand....

No comments: