Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Next few rounds



Video chick Angel Lola with clothes on at Akademiks Gifting suite

After the BMI Brunch I went on to the Akademiks Suite being held at the Roosevelt and caught up with a bunch of my New York folks who were in LALA land for the wknd....it was great to see them..and shout to Byron Kirkland at Akademiks...nice function! had fun EVEN in the boiling HOT weather!!!

I then went on to Opera where I attended an Epic Records Showcase, where Young Berg performed...thank you Courtney (@Epic) and Jen for looking out and making sure were in the bldg. Had a great time!

I then I ended up BACK at the Roosevelt for a late night cap...just hung out by the pool again..with NY folks...Brett Wright of Uptown Mag, Byron of Akademiks and my girls Meleni and Drea...and just basically kicked up my feet! LOOONG day!

Monday...

My day started with recouperating from the previous night!!! then on to lunch/mtg with the staff, and then to the Lil Wayne video shoot for "A Millie". There I saw my old friend Gil Green...director extradonaire..who was shooting the video. He directed "Lollipop" and was apparently back to shoot "A Millie" and I believe he was following this up with "I got Money" featuring T-Pain. Check his reel folks..or just watch BET...every other video is directed by him. He is killin the game right now...(www.gilgreen.com)
Saw a few folks on set that I hadn't seen in a minute..I saw T-Pain...and Teyana Taylor (Star Trak) who filled me in on some of the new records she's been recording.

Later that night...
Had dinner with my coworkers and an Icon (who will remain nameless) at Eva Longoria's restaurant Beso, and had a great time...the decor is gorgeous, however, I'm sad to say that when I went back and had no VIP's in tow as I did the first night, service fell OFF in a major way. It was actually pretty awful! very disappointing!!
After this we moved on to Jermaine Dupri's TAG Records party at this new venue called Kress. This party was poppin...many folks were in the building..Kelis and Nas, Nia Long, Sanaa Lathan, Tyrese (lookin great)...and many many more...NY was in the bldg reppin some more..



Next day...
went back to Beso with my peoples...friends and talented producers the Stereotypes (produced Danity Kane hit "Damaged") and some oother friends. Unfortunately..the service completely SUCKED! I won't be recommending that place to anyone for anything other than drinks (at least those were good). We had plans to attend the T-Pain BET after party...but the line to the shuttle going to the private residence where the party was being held lookd hectic..and no one was in the mood..so we kept it moving...we actually ended up (in a weird way...LONG STORY) in an A list black movie star's living room having a night cap and basically wrapping up the BET madness.....

No comments: