Friday, January 9, 2009

Lioness of the Week: Brea "BStar" Stinson...Stylist and Designer to the Stars!!



Hustle: Fashion(designing and styling)

City: Motor City to New York City and beyond(stamping passport #2)

1. When I was a kid I daydreamed about....

Being Diana Ross and Madonna smashed together into something called Brea while dancing part-time on SOLID GOLD and perfecting fabulous grilled cheeses for my husband Prince

2. As an adult I daydream about...

Having the legacy of Diana Ross, having Madonna's paper and performing on SNL (eating the perfected grilled cheeses myself)!

3. In my group of friends...

I'm the one who teased everyones bangs on picture day and tweaked everyones outfits before exiting the girls lavatory.

4.When I was a little girl I was told I couldn't...

Take on five husbands like Elizabeth Taylor because I was a little girl (FYI, I'm no longer a little girl)!

5. I broke into my industry...

By accident- I was designing clothes and hustling my pieces while in college. I met a stylist with hopes of her using some of my stuff on her celeb clients. She began to hire me as an assistant, taught me the ropes, the do's and dont's, the good, bad and the ugly of the craft. I became an independent stylist and word of mouth has carried me.

6. Favorite part of what I do:

Is creating a look that my client can own and live up to!!!! its a wonderful feeling, being trusted with the imaging of my clients. It's a huge deal to a part of someone else's dream, while realizing my own!

7.Least favorite part of what I do:

Lugging bags,counting wardrobe cases, and the high expectation from artists' for lots of bags and wardrobe cases with today's declining budgets, YIKES!!!!!!!

8. I admire fashion stylist Mariel Haenn and ME. We are both signed to the same agency, Balan inc!!!

9.Fav brands- I'm really feeling Givenchy and Lanvin for women right now. Tom Ford and Etro for men. Lerok and Desquared do it for me on an affordable level!

10.The moment my hustle pays off will be:

When I present BSTAR in the Bryant Park tents during NYC Fashion Week!

11. My family is proud of me because I dreamed big as kid and I'm living that dream now.

12.Shameless Plug: BSTAR, "barack o. mama" tees and "freelance star" tees available on http://www.smashingdarlings.com/

Clients include: Raheem DeVaughn, Usher, Electrik Red, D'Angelo(the new project), Superbowl commercial for State Farm featuring Lebron James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta give it up to my BFF in NY Ms. Brea "BSTAR*" Stinson.Congrats boo. Brea deserves EVERYTHING she is recieving and more. She has the personality that carry a nation and have us all fly at the same time. Her creativity is extreme and has always been. High school was where she really made her mark n she HAS ARRIVED!!! Muah Brea.... n B Star will hit Bryant Park soon!!!

Luv u mama, Tiff