Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lioness of the Week: DJ Syn City


Name: Catherine "SynCity" Ouellette
Hustle: DJ
Home Town: Montreal, Canada
Current: Los Angeles / New York



1. When I was a kid I daydreamed about....

Being the next Paula Abdul. I loved her as an entertainer.

2. As an adult I daydream about...

Still wanna be the next Paula Abdul! Naw, just kidding. For real, I daydream about becoming an entertainment icon, an active philanthropist, and accomplishing everything I always was passionate about.


3. In my group of friends I'm the one who...

talk about sex the most.

4. When I was growing up I was told that I couldn't ____ because I was a girl.

Breakdance. They were hating! I proved them wrong.

5. How did you break into your industry?

My now best friend told me about a Foxy Brown dance audition for the R. Kelly Tour. I wasn't going to go because I was a breakdancer then and didn't think I was going to be what she was looking for but I made the cuts.

6. Favorite part of what you do?
The energy people give to you in response to your entertaining them. Priceless.


7. Least favorite part of what you do?

The politics. I hate sucking up to people and it seems like that's a big part of the game. Thank goodness for managers and booking agents!

8. Who do you admire in your field?
Paula Abdul! Ok, for real...I admire Kid Capri for the way he rocks the crowd. I admire DJ Suss-One for being all-across the board versatile and being nice at it from radio to hood to high-end parties. I love listening to DJ M.O.S., DJ Hem, Jesse Marco, and Erick LaPeau.


9. My top five favorite artists/producers are....

Artists: Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Janet Jackson, and Mariah Carey.
Producers: Timbaland, The Neptunes, Dr. Dre, Just Blaze, and The Hitmen.

10. My favorite fashion designers/brands are:

Christian Louboutin for shoes. As far as clothing, I love everything from H&M, Rock Republic, and Forever 21 to Anna Sui and Marc Jacob. Even vintage shops. I'm more into style than brands.

11. Moment when your hustle paid off was/will be when...

Bills are not an issue.

12. My family is proud of me because...
I am living my dreams.


13. One thing no one knows about me is....
I love food more than the average person.


14. Shameless plug (what do you want the world to know):

www.djsyncity.com
-- all you need to know!

No comments: