Friday, May 30, 2008

An Intro in 7 Questions: Lioness #3

Name: La Nova

Stats: Late twenties, NYC, and I just found out I can't wear Jordans no mo'. I stood in front of the sneaker store mirror for about a half-hour with one foot in a black J-Five/AF1 Fusion, the other in my neutral ballet flat and, thinking about how I normally look at 45 year-old dudes who wear matching jerseys and fitteds, realized that the shoe (as it were) was finally on the other foot. You just can't do J's anymore when you're about to hit the 3-0. I gathered my stones and crept quietly out of the glass house.

Guilty Pleasures: Jamie Foxx’s radio show, pointy-toed skimmers (especially ones I can’t afford), trashée novels, “I Love New York,” condensed milk, Vanity Fair, Eli from the Class of 2005, the Cha-Cha slide, quoting from "Lean on Me"

Wish I Could Have Created/Done It: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wow, Tom Ford’s era at Gucci, "The Rite of Spring," almost anything by Ricky Gervais or Christopher Guest, the Black Album, "The Wire," McDonald’s French fries, “The Twilight Zone,” Pride & Prejudice (both the novel and BBC miniseries), Studio 54 in its heyday

Interests: Literature, fashion, film/TV, food, art, music, travel, sports, politics, design, world events, comedy, pop culture, the Web, bad TV, good TV, getting a plasma TV, finding a suitable career that allows me to indulge in all of these

What I really, really want: a hot pair of black leather platform sandals, the next books in the “Outlander” and “Eragon” series, a work by Kara Walker, one of those abstract Marni necklaces, new upstairs neighbors, a cheeseburger from the Galway Hooker, the next season of “The Office,” to learn to surf

Personal Sign that the Apocalypse is Near: Grudging respect for Lil Wayne after viewing this:


video.vh1.com

2 comments:

D said...

wow, I am shocked that he actually answered those questions in a respectful way. Agreed, the world is definitely coming to an end.

La Nova said...

and then he goes and does bonehead things like that mixtape mag interview and the world rights itself again.