Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lioness in the Concrete (Palm Tree) Jungle!!!

So, I'm out on the westsiiiide by way of the east side...literally went from Harlem to Hollywood. Then Puff followed. I guess we were in the same "place" in our lives and didn't even know it. Both of us were ready to embark on something new....and ready to take in new scenery (scenes) and people and ready to try new things. He came out with a BANG! A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...BAM!!! I'm here..NOW WHAT!!??






I didnt quite get THAT welcome out here..(the camera's went off when it was my turn to to step up to the podium...hate when that happens!)Gotta get my publicists on their jobs!! well maybe I should start by getting a publicist...lol..I mean..I AM in Hollywood now! lol


And I...well I came out...hoping that my furniture and car would all make it here in one piece..with no headache and drama!!!so yeah folks I'm here...Which city do I like more?? that's what they keep asking me. I say...it's 2 different animals. Can't really compare. Apples and oranges...ya know. New York is my first love, but right now we're not on the best terms. I needed a break....started to be more of a love/ hate thing. I mean...the grind, the hustle and bustle...it definitely drives you and motivates you...but ugh..does it have to smell like a dead corpse every time I walk by that alley on the way to the station in the AM? that alley that I'd be afraid to look down for too long for fear I'd see something traumatizing!! do I have to get the "greeting" by the toothless dude on the corner...who I guess you can say "approves" my outfit in the morning? Do I have to get knocked over and then knock someone ELSE over just to get on the train?? Then when I'm on the train, I have to decide on whether I want to curse out the nasty guy staring at me making faces, or just avoid his gaze until I get to my stop. All I really want to do is just get to the office. All of this...and I haven't dealt with one office related issue YET!!! So..yeah folks..that's a taste of what New York was becoming to me before I left...the negative day to day stuff was starting to overshadow the good! That's when it's time for CHANGE...as Obama says. And boy did change come when I accepted a great job offer. It had a lot of what I was looking for in my next gig AND taking it would mean moving my LIFE to the westiiiiide...and so...I was OOOOUT! it was...love u all, but Peace out folks!However, in the process....I left some good friends...some really FLY, intelligent, dope chicks in NY. All dope in their own ways..whether its their intelligence, personality, taste, swagger...whatever. I realize that though I'm not there...we're connected by these things....and I just took the hustle, bustle and focus and brought it to LA....The point of this blog is for us women...from coast to coast..to give you a little insight about what our day to day is like...in our worlds, as we pursue our careers, dreams etc. Lionesses navigating their way in the concrete (or palm tree..Hollywood) jungle. Sometimes..I may want to tell you what I learned from an experience I've had...you know some deep ISH!!..or..I may want to talk about some new fly ass shoes I like.so folks...I will introduce the dream team to ya....stay TUNED!!
OH YEAH..the JOB is in the music industry..so there will be some inside info...and exclusive stuff on this....I figured I should mention that!

No comments: