Monday, June 2, 2008

SEX IN THE CITY....of LA

SO..I went to see this on Fri night. I got to witness the madness first hand....the unofficial "street teams" running around in Sex in the city baby tee's, the people taking pics of eachother in their "Sex In the City" outfits, the wannabe Carrie's (not all quite pulling it off, but A for effort)...yes I saw it all. If you were a fan of the show,then you couldn't really go wrong with the movie. It felt like a long episode. I had no problem with that. Critics definitely seem to have their opinions on what message the movie sent with regard to female relationships (and how realistic these frienships were)and also the emphasis that was placed on these womens relationships with men...
I have to say that I've been lucky enough to experience the kind of bond that these ladies displayed with eachother in the movie with a few of my girlfriends, and therefore I could really relate to their characters. I don't think any of it was far-fetched. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't experienced that type of friendship. Apparently a lot of folks haven't. I can go on and on and on...about friendship etc...but if anything..although the movie was supposed to have been light and fun..I think it opened up dialogue about friendship among women.

Other than that..the women looked FAB...the shoe game was absoluteley sickening...(in a GOOD way)...
This movie just made me miss NYC (as someone who just left) and my girls...yes..ya gurl was tearing up in that theater..lookin nuts!!



Check out Jennifer Hudson's song from SEX IN THE CITY soundtrack

Dressed Up In Love - Jennifer Hudson

1 comment:

ml said...

NYC is a hard one to leave!!! Good to see you are still surviving in the west coast!